MonsterBorg top&bottom protection

Will there be a sheet plate of some suitable material be available for sale to attach to the bottom or indeed the top to provide protection when deployed in rough terrain please.

piborg's picture

At the moment we do not have any plans for this, however we are looking at what upgrades / extensions we should add to our robot kits at the moment.

We are very interested to hear any thoughts or ideas you might have and I will add protective sheets to the list of things to be considered :)

Hi, the problem seems to be that when the bot is wondering around on grass or mud there is a risk of short circuiting the camera or tangling the ribbon. Also the batteries holder looks vulnerable on wet/muddy ground. The idea is to have a sheet - like the YetiBorg - that clips onto the four motor housings but extended just under the camera too. The top of the bot appears robust in one of the videos where a Coke box is placed on top but I do wonder about the same issues as above if it flips over.

I too would be very interested in obtaining protection for the battery pack and underside of the MonsterBorg. The problem is the batteries get gouged up on rough terrain and tend to fall out. A removable piece of aluminium similar to the top piece with the Piborg logo that could be attached over the installed battery pack would be great. It would provide much needed protection and better secure the batteries when operating in rough terrain. Thank you.

The wheels become loose and occasionally come off during use on rough terrain. I have found it to be effective to use two slightly larger locking washers on each wheel. Any other thoughts on this issue? Thank you.

Subscribe to Comments for "MonsterBorg top&bottom protection"